In the manufacturing context, it's essential to distinguish between AIAG PFMEA and VDA AIAG PFMEA. We've compiled the main differences regarding structure and format, SOD ranking scale, risk assessment and action prioritization, and team involvement. Structure and Format: AIAG PFMEA: It is organized into ten columns, each capturing specific information about the process, failure modes,[...]
A Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) is a structured approach to identifying and mitigating potential failure modes within a manufacturing or business process. It helps in proactively addressing issues before they lead to defects or problems. Here are key points to review in a PFMEA: Process Steps: List all the steps in the[...]
Supplier quality management (SQM) is a critical activity for any business that relies on suppliers in the provision of their goods or services. It involves managing, monitoring and responding to changes in the supplier’s ability to fulfill customer’s needs on time and to the agreed quality specification.
- What are the differences between AIAG and VDA AIAG PFMEA?
- The key points to review in a PFMEA
- Become a Certified VDA Auditor and take your career to the next level
- Best Practices for Incoming Inspections in Manufacturing: Ensuring Quality Control from the Start
- Best Practices for Executing Supplier Corrective Action Requests in Manufacturing